Payroll Assistant / Finance Analyst
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior finance analyst and the payroll manager, we have a great opportunity for a junior finance analyst. This hands on full time position will work closely with the broader team and partners nationally.
The responsibilities and attributes of this role include:
· Partner payroll and benefits
· Manage the partner payroll
· First point of contact for partners regarding all aspect of their remuneration
· Backup to the payroll manager for payroll processing
· Maintain payroll information by entering daily absentees ,leave application forms and any notifications to employee Masterfile changes
· Enter all New Starters in PayGlobal, payroll database ,Superchoice-our super clearing house and AIA report for TPD
· Calculate timesheets from casual employees
· Data entry of all timesheets, leave , allowances, deductions for payroll processing into standard payroll processing transaction
· After payroll has been checked import to bank
· Distribution of payslips
· Answer payroll related questions and requests.
· Scan and file all payroll changes to employees file
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Data analytics assisting Senior Finance Analyst
· Headcount and turnover reporting
· Respond to HR related external survey data
· Maintenance of lawyer salary and budget data
· Assistance Senior Finance Analyst with lawyer performance reporting queries
· Adhoc management reporting queries and report generation
· High level of proficiency in Excel
· Previous experience in payroll systems
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, a formal mentoring program, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, regular morning teas, Friday night drinks, massages and professional memberships.