Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role
Reporting to HR, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Float Secretary who enjoys a role with variety to join our support group in our Sydney office. Other duties include:
- Provide high level of secretarial support to allocated teams as required
- Develop excellent working relationships with external/internal clients
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and service excellence at all times
- Work in a timely and effective manner to ensure all tasks are completed
- Report to HR each morning for work allocation
- Work with HR to identify practice areas that need secretarial support with float secretary is not booked
- Flexibility to be placed in all practice areas as requested by HR
- Work closely with one other float secretary
The successful candidate
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working in either a float or secretarial role with professional services
- Prior experience within the following practice areas - construction, property, insurance and corporate dispute resolution experience is preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working with Elite Practice Management System or similar and a Share Point Document Management system or similar
- Organise and prioritise workload, be flexible, and work with tight timeframes
- Work effectively with all members of the practice
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Strong attention to detail, communication and time management skills
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We commit to promoting a truly diverse workforce and culture, that is inclusive of everyone and gives all of our people the opportunity to build and advance their career in a way that is aligned with our core values: balance, respect, loyalty and integrity. This will assist us to improve the business performance of the practice, acquire and retain the best talent, enabling us to build effective teams for our clients and deliver the highest caliber service.
We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, formal mentoring program, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.