National Business Development and Marketing Director
Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Reporting to the Managing Partner in Sydney, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Business Development and Marketing Manager/ Director to join our team. This hands on full-time position will work closely with the wider Marketing and Business Development team. Interstate travel will be required.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide tactical and strategic input to develop business development strategies, and implement the strategies working with the wider team
- Maximise revenue streams, ensuring clients are utilising our services nationally and cross practice
- Develop lawyers at all levels in relation to business development by providing firm wide training, one on one sessions and personal action plans
- Preparation of and assistance with implementation of business development plans for clients, individuals and teams
- Conduct client reviews, listening programs and develop recommendations for improvement
- Work with client relationship managers to provide new ideas for building and maintaining client relationships
- Work with the Tender and Bid Specialist to develop quality and strategically targeted tender responses
- Review sponsorship and branding opportunities for the firm and individual teams
The successful candidate:
You will need to be hands on, self-motivated and adaptable in this robust environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Proven experience in a business development role and demonstrated experience in business development in a professional services environment, legal practice experience would be highly regarded
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a national team
- Ability to supervise and manage staff
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, a formal mentoring program, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, regular morning teas, Friday night drinks, massages and professional memberships.